Monday, September 23, 2013

I Don't Forgive Them

I Don't Forgive Them
To date I've not authorized my work or my image to be used anywhere outside my one YouTube account or my one Google account. To date I've received no compensation for works of mine which were used commercially.

I suppose it is rather sad to some how a man could share so much of his life on the internet and wind up worse off in his life than he has ever been. This hasn't just happened because others took his work and used it against him for years and years. It happened because he refused to beg the business for support.

The business wants me to beg them. This should be clear to all by now. They know I can write a hit. They know I wrote good, solid laughs. But that's not enough for them. They want my soul, too.

Every day that I must spend in these shameful, impoverished conditions is another day that the business tells talent what happens to artists who won't beg them for support. The business thinks artists should approach them as though they were applying for a job as an office clerk. For a business which deals in talent, they know shockingly little about talent. Being an artist is the only job in the world for which you don't apply. It's a job you are simply born into when you are born with talent. And I have been doing this job very well in the last six years, while the business has been going out of its way to discourage me at the same time as it encourages criminals to commit fraud with my work.

I'm sure they've appealed to you for some kind of understanding or forgiveness in this matter. I don't think they should be asking you for forgiveness over what they did to me. But now that they've tried to cut me out of all the profits and credit for my work and my life, I guess they need to try to cut me out of their apology, too. It's just as well, I don't forgive them. I tried that in 2007 and 2011 and look what it got me. If God wants me to forgive these greedy, corrupt assholes, I'm sure He'll understand if I wait until I'm already safely on my deathbed.

If I get rich, it will likely come from suing the business and I expect to make a lot more money from this than I would ever get from begging them.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2013. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment