Saturday, October 5, 2013

Confessions of a Forty-seven Year Old

Confessions of a Forty-seven Year Old
To date I've not authorized my work or my image to be used anywhere outside my one YouTube account or my one Google account. I have not authorized my work or image to be peddled by relatives. To date I've received no compensation for works of mine which were used commercially. I've never been arrested or incarcerated.

There seems to be a gap in understanding between myself and some of the followers of my music and writing. I think it is an age gap. Many of my followers are decades younger than I. Their priorities are different from mine because they are starting out their lives and looking forward to better times. My life is half over. And the 'best times' I was looking forward to have already been lived out by frauds and liars with the fanatical support of the broadcasting business over the last seven years. Now I have nothing to look forward to really except my death. I'm turning forty-eight next month. Might as well be fifty. I recall how my father needed life saving surgery when he turned fifty. Now my father rots away slowly from old age and diabetes. He receives regular amputations as result of circulatory failure. Last I heard he lost a couple of toes. My father is dying, so I think of him a lot. And I worry about my mom. And I think about how I will soon be in my father's position. When you get close to fifty, more than anything, you just want to die in peace with a clear conscience, I think. So my priorities are not the same as people who are starting out their lives and looking forward to their futures.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2013. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment