Friday, October 11, 2013

Uncommon Malice

Uncommon Malice
I do not actually hate the ones with whom I am forced to reside as I wait for justice. I have spent the better part of my life among the poor and the downtrodden and I feel enormous sympathy for them. As much as they might offend me at times, I still think more highly of street people than I do of any star who took my work and used it against me for their personal gain.

One SNL sketch I caught on a YouTube clip after I erased it from the web was Silent Night on the Western Front. This has a piece of the book, All Quiet on the Western Front, in it, but it also has a piece of something far more personal: my father's combat experience. When I was a lad, I found a jar of army medals in the basement: iron crosses and so forth. It was stuffed to the top. My father was just a lad himself when he joined the army in 1943, and I gathered how he came into possession of all these medals. And when I tried to dedicate a poem to my father's combat service in '09, apparently the SNL gang who used this sketch were the first to malign this heartfelt work. Are you beginning to see why I didn't miss anything by not being able to 'party' with these monsters?

You may find this sketch and many others to which the SNL cast helped themselves at my great personal expense in my continually growing script index.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2013. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment